Monday, July 16, 2012

Day 10 Camino de Santiago July 15, Ventosa

We're now in the heart of one of the most prolific wine growing regions in Spain and if we are walking about 6.5 hours a day, 6.49 are through vineyards.  The grapes are beautiful, but green as green can be. Probably need to come back in a couple of months.  Along one fence, someone had made countless crucifixes out of sticks and twine and tied them to a fence.








 Towns are between 2 and 10 kilometers apart and can often be seen from about 5 k away.   The first thing you notice is the cathedral.  Lot's of people in Spain bicycle and since the Tour de France is going on, people are biking on the trail constantly.



















 




  And now for a lesson perspective.  This is a picture of snail all over anise plants.  I thought, "Hmmmm....I wonder if the farmer planted the anise plants an little did he know that he would also make a little money off of the snails, or did he know that snails love anise plants and he makes a little money off of the anise plants?"


















  These are the hiking poles that Luis left for me.  Kevin says they make walking easier by 15 - 20%, however, I think it's more like 16 - 21%.  Actually, they've been a life saver for me.  
 






 Simple pleasures for a simple person - sucking on straw.  Actually, it tastes good and keeps my mouth moist while walking.











"Once in the wilds of Afghanistan, I lost my corkscrew and had to live on water and food for countless days!"  W. C. Fields

No comments:

Post a Comment